Directions: Write a composition entitled My Views on Examination. You should write at least 120 words according to the outline given below in Chinese:
My Views on Examination
Nowadays the examination is used as a chief means of deciding whether a student succeeds or fails in mastering a particular subject in most colleges and universities. Although it is efficient, its side effects are also enormous.
On the one hand, examinations lower the standards of teaching. Since teachers are often judged by examination results, they are reduced to training their students in exam techniques. Nosubjectsjcan.be taught successfullywith jjntenttojtake.examinations. On the other hand, the most undesirable effect is that examinations encourage bad study habits. A the examinations corejis the only criterion for his academic performance students driven to memorize mechanically rather than to think creatively.
In fact, few of us admit that examinations can contribute anything really important to the students’ academic development. If that is the case, why cannot we make a change and devise something more efficient and reliable than examinations?
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition entitled My Opinion on Campus Love. You should write at least 150 words following the outline given below in Chinese:
My Opinion on Campus Love
On campus, lovers can be found here and there. Some people think too much intimacy has a bad influence. It takes lovers too much time and energy. Furthermore, their intimacy can distract their own as well as other students’ attention from study. Campus should be a place for study and should maintain an atmosphere of learning.
On the other hand, other people believe it is OK. Pursuing love is all right to students on campus and intimacy is a natural expression of love. Some scholars of law hold that friendship and appropriate intimacy are an important part of student development.
In my opinion, what all people should do is just leave it as it is. University students are adults, and they can handle their own affairs well enough. However, they have to admit that school is a place where people receive an education and their main task is to study. Therefore, students are expected to behave themselves in proper ways.
1) As for me, I am on the latter part of the argument. The reasons are as follows. 至于我，我支持争论的后半部分。原因如下：
2) From my point of view, it is more reasonable to support the first opinion rather than the second. 在我看来，支持第一种观点比支持第二种观点更有道理。
3) The following reasons can account for my inclination. 如下的原因可解释我的倾向。
4) To make myself as plain as I can, I should give my standards for … 为使我的观点更加清楚，添加原文链接我给出我关于…的标准。
5) I disbelieve, and therefore strongly resent, the claim that … 我不相信，因此强烈反对，这一主张，即…
6) My final and perhaps my best reason for not doing something is … 我不做某事最终的，或许最好的理由是…
7) For the same reason, it matters to me that … 同样原因，我很在乎…
8) For these reason, I recommend that … 出于这些原因，我推荐/建议… (recommend做建议讲时，接从句要用虚拟，即谓语用(should)+动词原形)
9) My answer is that …. I have several reasons, and they’re good ones. The first is the one that … 我的回答是…。我有几个理由而且它们是很充分的理由。第一个是…
10) My view is that … 我的`观点是…
11) Like almost everybody else, I believe that … 正如几乎所有人一样，我相信…